Friday, December 8, 2017

More About Zen

Zen means waking up to the present moment. In other words, you perceive this very moment exactly as it is, and your thinking should not be adulterated by preconceived ideas, opinions, or notions. This mindset is the groundwork for mental golf.

To illustrate, you ask yourself the simple question: “WHAT are you doing?”

“I don’t know” may be the Zen answer, instead of “I am working at my computer,” because the former comesbefore the thinking, which will give you the obvious answer: “I am working at my computer.”

Once, you perceive the nuance and subtlety of “keeping everything moment to moment,” then you will become enlightened, and everything will be as clear as a crystal to you.

Remember, each moment remains with that moment; so, whatever you are doing, just do it -- the moment before and the moment after this moment has absolutely no bearing on this very moment.

If you are interested in the Zen philosophy of love, life, and death, you can read my novel, Forever Yin and Yang, which is a haunting tale about unrequited love, life and death, and Nirvana, which is the ultimate truth of Zen wisdom.

Stephen Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment